Thursday, August 23, 2007

Welcome!

I’ve decided to create a blog to help keep our family and friends informed on the happenings and developments of Baby Hull. The last seventeen weeks have been amazing and we expect the next 21, 22, 23, or… 24 weeks to be just as exciting as we anticipate the incredible journey of parenthood. I hope to post a few ultrasound pictures as we have been blessed to see our little one four times on ultrasound to this point. Words can’t describe the feelings and emotions when the ultrasound tech tells you there is a gestational sac, when you wondered if it was really possible. It was even more amazing the following week when she told us there was a heartbeat. Steve asked for a copy of the picture so he had evidence when I asked him 20 more times that day if we really saw it. The OBs here have been wonderful in that they have done a portable ultrasound at the last two visits. We have been able to see and hear our baby’s heartbeat- wow! On the last scan we could really see the head and the spine.

I feel great! I can say that I hardly had any nausea and absolutely no vomiting. I’m still tired and I'm sure Steve is wondering if I will ever have any energy again. At least I’m not ready to fall asleep at work by 10 a.m. anymore. I can usually make it to 7 or 8 p.m. before I really struggle to stay awake… however a nice nap after work really feels good.

For those of you that know me well, you know that I have always struggled to find something to wear in the morning… even with a full closet of clothes. But at this stage of pregnancy I am finding clothing that fits to be a real challenge. My regular clothes are getting to be a bit too snug in the belly area and I’m not really big enough for maternity clothes. Last weekend I tried on a pair of jeans as the weather was quite rainy and cool and I was quiet disappointed to find that there wasn’t anyway I was going to get them buttoned… at least for any amount of time. I tried the rubber band and a long shirt trick, but I don’t care what anyone says… that isn’t comfortable, either. I was so afraid the rubber band would break and snap me. Thankfully, my best friend Jackie gave me one of her hair-bands while we shopped for a pair of maternity jeans that would actually fit and not look silly at this stage. I have a feeling it won’t be long and I’ll completely transition to maternity clothes.

I suppose that is enough for one post. As things progress, I’ll try to keep this up to date. I’ll see if I can get Steve to help me scan in the ultrasound pictures and post them. Take care!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Congrats on the first blog! :)

Megan said...

I can't imagine anyone else deserving this more than you two do!! I'm just so happy and excited!